Connect with us

All Sports

Kentucky extends offer to 5-star PG Darius Garland

The Kentucky coaching staff has been busy on the recruiting trail this weekend and the Wildcats just extended an offer to the nations top point guard.

 

Following a strong showing at the Peach Jam, John Calipari offered 5-star PG Darius Garland on Sunday morning. Garland, a 6-1, 170lb guard from Brentwood, TN., is ranked the No. 8 overall prospect according to 247Sports. Garland took to Twitter to announce the offer.

 

The offer comes after averaging 15.6 points, 3.2 rebounds, 3.0 assists during five games at the Peach Jam.

 

Many fans may be confused by this offer, because the Wildcats are the heavy favorite to land 5-star point guard Immanuel Quickley, but John Calipari may have something bigger up his sleeve. Garland and fellow 5-star Cameron Reddish have mentioned being a package deal and playing college basketball together. Reddish, a UK target, played for John Calipari on the U19 USA team in Cairo, Egypt.

 

Garland holds offers from Duke, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Ohio State, and Vanderbilt. Duke currently leads his crystal ball with 75% of predictions, while Vanderbilt holds the remaining 25%.

 

Image by FloHoops

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in All Sports