Kentucky basketball has added seven new faces to the program this off-season, something ESPN’s Jimmy Dykes said was going to happen during a game late last season.
During the Wildcats loss at Ole Miss last March, Dykes surprised fans when he said Kentucky would have seven to eight new names on the 2021-22 roster, something UK fans didn’t like, considering the roster had struggled mightily.
Dykes joined Kentucky Daily Thursday to discuss the additions of Oscar Tshiebwe, Kellan Grady, CJ Fredrick, and Sahvir Wheeler.
Topics discussed during the show:
- Sahvir Wheeler’s impact on the team
- His conversation with John Calipari last season
- Shooters in CJ Fredrick and Kellan Grady
- Dontaie Allen will fight for a starting spot
- Oscar Tshiebwe as a physical presense
- Staff changes
- SEC basketball is strong
You can listen to the entire interview below. Dykes joins the show around 4 minutes in.