The Kentucky Wildcats improved to 13-3 (3-1 SEC) on the season Tuesday night with a 78-66 win vs. Vanderbilt at Memorial Gymnasium.
Oscar Tshiebwe led the way for the Wildcats, pouring in a career-high 30 points on 11-of-16 shooting, including 8-of-10 at the free-throw line.
In addition to his strong offensive performance, the junior forward added 13 rebounds to notch his 12th double-double of the season.
Tshiebwe is the first UK player with at least 30 points and at least 10 rebounds in a game since Patrick Patterson totaled 33 points and 11 rebounds vs. Tennessee State on December 22, 2008.
Below are some notes on Tshiebwe via UK Athletics.
- He is averaging 29.5 points and 15 rebounds over the last two games.
- His 30 points are the most by a Wildcat since Immanuel Quickley scored 30 at Texas A&M on Feb. 25, 2020.
- He remains second nationally in double-doubles.
- The nation’s leading rebounder has grabbed double-figure boards in all but two games this season.
- It was his sixth 20-point game of the season.
- He is the first Wildcat with five games of at least 20 points and at least 10 rebounds since Julius Randle did it seven times in 2013-14.